Friday, February 19, 2016

#FoodieFriday: Brown Sugar Mustard Chicken

There are a lot of chicken recipes out there. It's a popular meat; I get it. We eat a lot of chicken, too. But sometimes you come across one that shakes things up a bit and makes your mouth super happy.

I'm including this chicken recipe for a couple of reasons--one, because it's absolutely delicious, and two, because my dad is somehow convinced I'm withholding it and keeps asking for it every time we talk.
Photo from Taste and Tell

Yes, I've given it to both him and my mother. Multiple times.

No, I'm not holding it hostage. This is proof.

I first came across this recipe in Taste of Home magazine but was able to find it online here, at Taste and Tell.

For those of you who are skeptical about or aren't a huge fan of chicken thighs, they're necessary to use. They're meatier in flavor and stay juicier on the grill. Breasts just wouldn't hold up to the flavorful, savory sauce.

The chicken is best grilled, but I've made it baked in a pinch (put in a single layer in a baking dish or on a sheet pan and give it 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees or so). It comes out saucier, but still delicious.

And double the sauce. You won't regret it.

The leftovers are out of this world, too--since some sauce is kept to the side, it's great spread over them the next day, or right off the grill.

It's a good recipe for a crowd, too. It doubles or triples with the same results, providing you have a big enough vessel to hold all the chicken while you grill it in batches.

What to serve on the side? I like mashed sweet potato and grilled asparagus.

Let me know if you've tried this recipe!

xoxo Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment