Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Z" is for Zenith

Yay, I did it!  This is the last day of the A-Z Challenge.  The culmination: the zenith, if you will.

I actually had most of the letters planned out before I started the A-Z Challenge, but most of them changed in the process, and always for the better.  Some of the topics I'd originally planned were downright boring to be honest.  But, Z was always blank.  I wasn't sure what to do for the last letter.  I mean, I like zebras, but not enough to write a whole blog post on them.

So, zenith it is.  The end of this wonderful madness.  I've had a great time doing this challenge.  I've met so many wonderful people, both through them coming to check out this newbie's blog and through working my way through the master list and reading theirs.

And the comments.  The comments.  My favorite part.  I loved going through each post and reading every single one, and every time I got am email notification that there was a new one I got excited.  What was most fascinating was reading people's differing opinions.  The number of points of view or thoughts on something was astounding, and it always made me think every time someone brought up a point that hadn't occurred to me.  I always tried to leave a comment if I checked out someone's blog as well, especially since I was so new to the blogging game, and I know that if they felt anything like I did when getting new comments, it was appreciated.

Reading other people's posts was also a lot of fun.  I read posts based on 80's television shows, movies, bits of written flash-fiction and poetry, books, food, and many, many others.  People were much more creative than I thought when it came to coming up with topics.

I hope that there's another A-Z Challenge next year, because this one was a blast.

How about you? What was your favorite part of the challenge?

xoxo Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Hope you didn't get too excited when you got the notification for this comment. Just saying Hi! and well done for reaching the end of the challenge.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    So....What're you posting about in MAY?

    *ducks!* I kid, I kid.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comments are my favorite part too. It's really nice to get feedback on something I've written. You did a great job with A-Z Sarah. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd do this again! It was great. I also jotted down some ideas for the letters before it started. I changed a few and added some guests to mix it up. It was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Moody: I did! I always like it when I get them. :-D Congrats on finishing as well!

    @Sandy: Haha! Don't worry...May will have some good stuff. I hope.

    @Tim: It's definitely nice to get feedback on what you've written. I'm glad you liked it! Congrats on finishing to you, too!

    @Mary: Yes! I'd love to do another one. Give me a year, though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, BST! I've had an awesome time reading your entries as well. I agree...this challenge gave me a lot of discipline to write, even if I did a few entries at a time. It still meant that I had to sit down and get them done. I know it will carry over into my "real" writing as well. I'm following you, too, and I can't wait to see what more you have! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you too, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for the award! I'm honored to get one. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete