Friday, November 20, 2015

#FoodieFriday: Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I hope you liked the coconut bread from last week, because I have another awesome recipe from Smitten Kitchen today: Double Chocolate Banana Bread.

It's a crime against humanity not to make this bread.

This is, hands down, the best banana bread--and maybe the best quick bread--I've ever made.

It's rich and chocolaty, and comes together quickly and without much fuss. It's moist (yes, you all should know how damn much I hate that word, but it's so perfect for this bread so shut up), and pretty much like eating chocolatey cakey bananay goodness that you shouldn't even be allowed to consume.

Pic from Smitten Kitchen
Your guests and/or gift recipients will beg you for the recipe, and this is the perfect quick bread with which to make people owe you favors.

The loaves even freeze well, in case you don't manage to inhale them like we do.

I'll add the same note about bread sizing as before: if a bread makes one 9x5 loaf, it will make two 8x4s. And, if you're making mini-loaves, it will likely make 4 of those. Just make sure the batter is distributed evenly. I have a mini-loaf pan and will typically do one spoonful in each, then a second, than a third to make sure they're all the same size.

I'm going to keep this short, because any more time reading this and fewer minutes baking this amazing bread would be an absolute crime. 

Let me know what you think! Have you made this bread before? 

xoxo Sarah


1 comment: