Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pinterest yes? Pinterest no? Yes. Yes Pinterest.

Eeeep. Guys.

So whenever I make a new blog post, I like to see how it's doing stats-wise. Call it vanity, call it boredom, call it whatever you want--because you know most, if not all, of us do it--but I like seeing the numbers, particularly when they go up.  As with most blogging platforms (I'd assume, anyway...I only use this one), you can go into the settings and view a variety of statistics...how many page views, which posts get the most views, etc.

Well, one of the stats bits allows me to see the referring websites, and for the first time, I saw Pinterest among them.

Pinterest (which, the longer I look at it, no longer looks like an actual word to me...), if you're living under a rock, is a website that allows you to organize content by "pinning" things from other sites into (or onto?) your "boards" to allow easy access later.  A lot of my friends use it for recipes or craft ideas, and a lot of writers I know use it for story ideas--locations, clothing, people/characters.  Handy.

It's also a giant time-suck that I didn't have time for.

I should also mention a friend I recently moved away from asked if I was on Pinterest, and I told her no, I wasn't, and she seemed really sad.

So that, combined with seeing my posts shared over there, made me sign up.

So, if you guys want to check me out over there, I'm now on Pinterest as Sarah Allan, though you can probably find me here directly (and not have to sift through the sea of people with the same name): https://www.pinterest.com/sarahallan25/

Not much going on there right now, but give me a follow! I'll likely make boards for my books and such, which will a lot of fun. After all, who doesn't enjoy looking at pictures? :-)

xoxo Sarah



2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I just stopped by to check out your blog. I've signed up for yet another year of the A to Z Challenge and look forward to reading many, many posts next month...;~)

    Take care,

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    author of THE STORY CATCHER (Anaiah Press 2015)
    coauthor CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: ANGELS AMONG US (Simon & Schuster 2013)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm excited to do the challenge again this year...it's gonna be a busy one! :-)

      Delete