Thursday, March 1, 2012

A to Z Challenge, here I come!



Last year, I got my big start in blogging by jumping into the A to Z Challenge started by Arlee Bird.  Over the month of April, you post one entry per day that corresponds with the letter assigned.  Usually Sundays are off, and the rest of the days should equal out to 26...perfect for one per letter.  You'll do a post and read and comment on other bloggers' blogs and entries.

This year, I'm giving it another shot!  I'd love to reach 200+ followers, though that's not the sole purpose of doing this challenge.  I love the discipline of doing something every day, and I know I definitely need that motivation, even with my own writing.  It's a great way to get into a writing routine.

It's also a wonderful way to meet some awesome people.  I met a lot of lovely folks, other writers and bloggers alike, during the challenge in 2011, and I'm looking forward to reading some more creative blogs this year.  There are a ton of people signed up already...I signed up on Feb 29th, and am #826.

Are YOU doing the A to Z Challenge?  If you're interested, sign up here.  http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

xoxo Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Glad you're on board! This will be my third year and second as co-host. You will makes so many new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this post to the next Sunday Summary. My recommendation to increase your odds of getting new followers is to move your "Followers" widget higher up the sidebar so it's one of the first things visitors see. I had to scroll down to find it and, well, you know how lazy some of us can be about that sort of thing. I added myself now.

    Also, the Word Verification is a hassle and a lot of people won't do it. You'll probably get more comments if you scrap it. Your spam folder should catch any garbage. Just be sure to check your folder now and then to clean it out.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee's link on Twitter brought me right over, Sarah. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alex: Thank you! I'm excited to do it again.

    @Arlee: Thank you so much for the tips! I'll definitely do some rearranging and get rid of the word verification. I'm not a fan of the word verification anyway. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know share some advice.

    @Patricia: Thank you! Lovely to meet you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I glad you took my advice. I think having the "Follower" widget more visible will get you new faces added more quickly. Let's see what happens.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you.
    This is also my second A-Z Challenge.
    I'm your newest follower *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lee: I'm excited to see how it works out for the challenge.

    @mish: Hello to you, too! Thank you for following...I'm headed over to your blog to give it a look now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah!
    Following you from the A to Z Challenge. Nice to meet you and good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah, meeting you from the AtoZ summary blog and happy to be one of your new followers. I bet you'll make that 200.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dawn: Hello! I'm excited to do the challenge again. I'm looking forward to reading your entries!

    @Susan: Thank you! I'm heading over to check your blog out now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah, I'm follower #136! I took a wander through your back catalogue of posts, and I I don't think you should have any problem reaching your goal of 200 followers. Good blog!

    This is my first crack at doing the A to Z challenge, and I'm hoping it will give me the kickstart I need to start posting regularly. Looking forward to doing this with so many writers/bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kern: Hello! Thank you for checking my blog out. I certainly hope I can make it to 200, but if not, then at least I know I have some interested followers nonetheless. I hope you enjoy your first A-Z Challenge. It's an exhausting posting schedule, but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete