Saturday, September 24, 2011

A question for you! I need some input...

Okay, my lovelies.  I have a question to pose to you, and I'd love some feedback.

I've been thinking about having guest bloggers on my blog.  No, I don't know exactly how I'd go about getting them besides just asking, but this is something I'm considering.  It would just shake things up a bit and make the "voice" you hear a little more varied.  It would also help a great deal so this thing won't sit dead while we're moving or traveling.

I was thinking I'd have bloggers do a post on a topic of their choice, whether it be related to writing, or something else they're passionate about.  Still not sure yet.  Also, I was debating having authors on who are promoting a book they're launching...not just a "buy my book!" post, but talking a bit about the story, etc.

Thoughts?  Have any of you ever done a guest blog post for someone, or had them done for you?  Please leave a comment!  I'd love to get some feedback on this.

xoxo Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Guest blogging might be a good idea. I've seen it done a lot on several other blogs. I see it most often when the guest blogger is promoting his/her own book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mieke: That's how I've mostly seen it done as well. I was just hoping to vary things up a bit. :-)

    @BornStoryteller: Thank you for all the information! I still have to sort things out, but your advice is very helpful. I will definitely check out your blog to see some samples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just stopping by to say hi to folks on my A-Z list. The list is so long and my router is so slow!

    I have been an occasional guest blogger, mainly on writing fiction. If you're interested, give me a holler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bob! I might take you up on that. It will be a little while, at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete